In the data center, it is vitally important to have uninterrupted power. To achieve this goal, an automatic transfer switch (ATS) is used that automatically transfers a power supply from its primary source to a backup source when it senses a failure or outage in the primary source. When a failure occurs in a primary power system, the ATS invokes a standby power source, such as an uninterruptable power supply. An ATS can also start up more long-term backup power systems, such as local diesel generators, to run electric equipment until utility power is restored.
Since the ATS is connected to both primary and backup power sources, it serves as an intermediary between equipment and the power supplies, acting as an electrical relay. An ATS can also act as a redundant, rack-mounted power supply for equipment that is connected to a power source with only one cord.
Canovate® ATS provides high reliable and redundant power to the attached equipment. Single fed servers and other telecom equipment, small power supplies, our front & side coolers and many more devices can be connected to the ATS to gain more power secure and redundant characteristics. The ATS has two input power sources, so if the primary source shut down, it will seamlessly switch to the secondary power source automatically. Canovate® ATS has 2 basic models available, if the user is looking for remote management, we can place the optional SNMP card to upgrade the basic type to the remote management, intelligent one.
- Fail safe redundant power feeds can achieve TIER layer III or IV requirements
- Seamlessly transfer between source A and source B
- Input power monitoring of source A and B
- Input monitoring function locally or remotely as well
- Input and output voltage monitoring
- Load current monitoring
- Local and remote automatic alarm
- Built in Web Interface will bring all notifications and alerts remotely
- Ability to provide automated alerts (through SNMP Traps or Email) for power conditions
- Available in basic edition or IP edition